Camp Pendola offers a wonderful outdoor canoeing experience. Registration for this activity is open to camp participants entering grade 7 and above next fall. All campers must be able to swim at least 15 yards in deep water (Passed level 3 America Red Cross Learn-to-Swim Program). No special equipment needed.
Boys Only Canoe Trip June 18-24
Girls Only Canoe Trip June 25-July 1
- to enhance the individual's self-esteem and confidence
- to increase the individual's respect for and participation in team work
- to develop the individual's respect for nature
- to develop the individual's awareness of God in themselves and in nature
- to provide an experience of canoe camping for middle school and high school campers
Three Night Trip – (7th Grade & older)
Click here to sign up for the canoe trip
- Sunday and Monday - Arrival and check-in. Health check-in will take place at check-in site. Swim check and canoe skills will be introduced and practiced. Equipment and food will be packed.
- Tuesday – Review and practice skills as needed before heading out on the lake. Canoe to first campsite. Actually itinerary is filed with the camp director before leaving camp. Daily check-ins confirm location and group safety.
- Wednesday – Break camp and travel to to next camp site.
- Thursday – Break camp and travel to Dark Day boat ramp for pickup and return to Camp Pendola.